The story behind our new #bvjcollections
Have you been following our #bvjcollections on social media? Our curated collections are one way we have thought outside the box since the beginning of Covid. I decided that it would be fun for each of us to choose our favorite jewelry pieces and then to show them off as a collection. So, each week myself or one of my employees has chosen a collection of our jewelry designs and other jewelry that we sell in our shop, that we think coordinates well together. Then we lay it all out, photograph it, and post it for you all to see!
The collections get posted on Tuesdays on our instagram and facebook. A lot of items will be one of a kind or limited quantity, so act fast if you have your eye on something! We have been having fun with this new series of posts and wanted to give you a behind the scenes look at how they come together.
Last week's collection was curated by Miki, our Wholesale Manager. The color palette is based on the bird clip shown in the photo, which is made from real feathers! We love how this simple inspiration created a beautiful, fun, summery color combination. When in doubt, put a bird on it! This collection features:
- One of our best sellers, the Zara Necklace, in 3 beautiful stones: Apatite, Black Line Rhodonite, and White Howlite.
- Bronze Token Owl Necklace made from a mold of an antique button.
- Peacock earrings made from a mold of an antique button. Shown in gold plated pewter, but also available in antiqued pewter.
- Pantone natural stone drop earrings in Pink Moonstone.
- One of a kind bracelet set w/ charms.⠀This exact set is available for purchase, or you can create your own custom arm party with our bracelet bar!
This week’s group was selected by me (Brandy) and features our newest design, The Solstice Collection. These pieces are made from recycled glass beads made by the Krobo Tribe in Ghana, and hammered brass wire elements handmade in the USA. It’s available in 7 colors ways but we particularly love the Sunrise Yellow color way! This collection features:
- Sterling silver stud earrings featuring a moon and sun.
- Flower jasper drop on 14k gold filled chain.
- Solstice earrings in sunrise yellow.
- Bracelet stack featuring our sun bracelet, solstice, and beaded bangles. Sold as a set or individual.
- Solstice necklace in sunrise yellow.
- Seed of Life ring in brass.
- Hand stamped brass mantra cuff "Be the Magic."
There is still a limited quantity of the jewelry featured in the previous collection, which was handpicked by our production gal Megan. We were all swooning over the color palette! This collection features:
- One of a Kind Ladder Necklace - Wavelight (mined in Arkansas), Brass from Mali, Antique Gold Chain.⠀
- Geode Earrings - all are one of a kind and we recently restocked!
- Green Jasper Zara Earrings. ⠀
- Bracelet Stack featuring Aqua Wave Solstice Bracelet, African Turquoise natural stone bracelet, silver plated vintage floral bangle and coordinating crocheted seed bead bangles.
Fair Trade Beaded Fringe Earrings.⠀
View the collection products here: #BVJcollection
View all the collections on Instagram